So you've just splashed out and purchased yourself some new activewear. If you're like us, you live in your activewear. For us, we've designed our pieces to transition effortlessly from the studio to the streets because not only do we love wearing it to our pilates classes, gym sessions or on our morning walks, we love to dress it up and wear it to brunch, cocktails with the ladies and special date nights out.
With that in mind, you're probably finding you're washing your garments a little more than expected, so how do you keep them feeling amazing and in a long-lasting condition?
Here are a few tips and tricks, because just like your silk and linen pieces hanging in your wardrobe, your FADE garments need a bit of tender, loving and care too.
- Cold water is your best friend: We recommend washing your garments like you would swimwear. Rinsing with fresh, cold water after each use.
- Cold gentle wash on delicate cycle. Please note, hot water can break down textiles and cause shrinkage. If you have a large delicates bag, this is ideal to keep your garments protected during the wash. We always recommend a delicates or hand-wash cycle when washing your activewear.
- Use natural-based laundry detergents. The friendlier the detergent on the earth, the friendlier it is on your activewear. We recommend using less than what is required for your load size too. While it is normal to think you need to add more detergent to eliminate any post-workout smell, this isn't the case and is unnecessary. Pro tip: add 1/2 cup of white vinegar to your washing to eliminate odour and soften fabrics.
- Do not use fabric softeners. Fabric softeners can damage the stretch and textile of the fabrics. It can also trap the bad smells. Fabric softeners create a coating on your garments, that over time, damages the fabric and doesn't allow sweat to draw to the surface.
- Turn everything inside-out to safeguard colours.
- Air dry your clothes. Clothes dryers, especially those with high heat settings can cause damage or shrinkage. By air drying your garments, this prevents pilling, decoration dulling, and melting off and aids in the overall longevity of your product. We know, it's a bit of an effort, but well worth it.